Every year about $100 B are spent on gift cards, of which, it is estimated, by TowerGroup, that a whopping $5 B goes unused. Let me spell that for you:
$5,000,000,000 (Five Billion US Dollars)
Some estimates, put the number of valid unused gift card at $30 B. Wow!!!
- Are you one of these gift card holders who will not use his card?
- Do you know what happens with the money on your card that is not spent by you?
It will be shared by the retailer, credit card company who issued the card and the banks involved. Yes, this an easy money to the retailer and financial institutions.
So what should you do about it?
Fortunately there are a lot you can do. Here are some ideas on what can be done with these There are several methods to get this unused money into use.
- Go shopping
- Get cash your gift card instantly (More than 30 select retailers accepted)
- Sell your gift card (see all the possibilities of selling your gift cards)
- Put your gift card for auction
- Exchange your gift card for another
- Give it as a gift
- Donate your gift card – Cash it and donate